Access North Texas Denton County
The purpose of Access North Texas is to improve public transportation for older adults, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with lower incomes. These populations can have difficulty finding public transportation options that connect them to doctor’s appointments, work opportunities and education or job training. This plan identifies where these transportation connections do not exist or could be improved within Denton County.
In 2018 we learned the key strategies in Denton County include:
- Provide additional transit service to underserved locations,
- Improve affordable public transportation to the VA clinic in Bonham,
- Enhance connections among existing service providers,
- Continue to conduct customer service focused training for transit agency employees,
- Conduct planning to assess needs and identify transportation solutions to improve access to education and education facilities,
- Improve partnerships and coordination between existing transit providers to simplify regional trips and explore cost-sharing options for services that cross service area or geographic boundaries,
- Continue coordinating committee meetings to discuss transportation needs within Denton County,
- Create partnerships between transit agencies, municipalities, and community organizations to increase the accessibility of bus stops and paths to transit, and
- Improve awareness of existing services.
Review the Denton County portion of the plan here:
Denton County Chapter
Appendix C - County by County Supplemental Information
Please contact Gypsy Gavia at (817) 695-9134 or email@example.com for more information.